- All admissions to SGSITS are made on Merit basis.
- Admission to integrated first degree programs is highly competitive and are made through AIEEE and MP-PET.
- Only candidates who scores 80% in PCM in their 10+2 are eligible.
- Out of 1,00,000+ candidates who appear in PET every year, only 240 are admitted.
- Students getting ranks in state and central board examinations join SGSITS every year under ‘Direct admission to First rank students’ scheme.
- SGSITS education system is highly innovative and dedicated for the betterment of students.
- The emphasis on first two years in undergraduate studies is to inculcate a strong fundamental in Mathematics and Sciences.
- Students across the disciplines undergo common courses like Computer programming, Workshop Practice, Engineering graphics, Communication skills etc.
- The course contents are reviewed regularly to keep pace with the recent advancements around the world.
- Academics are meticulously organized. A complete day-by-day plan for the class room teaching program and evaluation scheme for the full semester is handed over to the students at the start of the semester.
- The evaluation model is continuous internal evaluation and is very open. All examination papers are returned to the students after evaluation along with model solution.
- The faculty of the Institute consists of a rich blend of academicians with diverse academic background and invaluable industry experience.
- Eminent scholars from the industry visit the institute frequently to share their experiences with the students.
- SGSITS has a number of well equipped laboratories with state of the art facilities.
- Students gain valuable experience in the forefront of scientific research through project type courses and thesis work.
5 All round development of students
- The Institute provides all the required facilities for sports and recreation to ensure overall development of every student.
- Students can join various clubs existing on the campus for example Music Club, Photography club, Poetry club, Dance club etc.
- The Students’ Activity Centre is the nerve centre of all student activities on the campus. A number of literary and social activities take place on the campus throughout the year.
- Soft Skill: SGSITS educational system puts ample opportunities for development of Soft skill & Emotional Intelligence. Many courses have mandatory class room presentation and group discussion components which help to improve communication skill.